Thursday, July 3, 2008

Rainy Lunch

Okay a story from Mindy:
We awoke all excited about our lunch date with Andrea. We were going to sit outside downtown with MM and have a salad. Great!
I was running late...of course and it had started to rain. We decided to go to the italian restaurant next door....they had a high chair so all was good. MM ate some of our pizza....we had a glass of wine. It was nice until MM started getting a bit nasty. She wanted to get down and take her shoes off. Nice....we really are from the south since I let my child walk around a rest. with no shoes. Ha!
Anywho, we finished and said our goodbyes....Andrea went back to work and MM and I next door to Coop City to do some grocery shopping. We finish and head outside to a massive rain shower. NICE!
No umbrella...not that I could carry it anyway since I had to push our stroller through the tram lines up and down curbs. Running in the rain we make it under the cover at the tram stop to catch the number 8. Now the rain decides to pick up with the wind...nice.
The 8 comes and no one is getting on that can help me and for some reason I decided to buy everything heavy i.e. potatoes, wine(of course), etc. So I hoist MM into the tram all while getting soaked. MM has a rain cover so she is enjoying that mommy is getting drenched I am sure.
2 stops later we reach our stop and luckily a gentleman offers to help me with the stroller...great right. Well yes until my grocery bag breaks...nice. We manage to pull it all together....still raining and wait to cross the crosswalk. Another exciting moment was the cars splashing massive puddles all over me...once again MM was fine since she had her rain cover....she loved it!
Soaked from head to toe carrying a broken bag and trying to push the stroller we eventually make it to our outdoor stairs. MM gets out...barefoot and walks up as I carry the soggy bag along with a bag of potatoes....just as we get to the door the bag of potatoes break. NICE!! Seriously??
In the door we go after picking up all the potatoes....in the rain.
Oh and now I realized I must go back down and get the stroller out of the rain and carry it up to our apt landing.
THE END!
NICE!!!!

1 comment:

The Crowders said...

Oh my goodness! That sounds like a rotten day. I am so sorry. I am glad MM did get a kick out of it though. :-)